How do we live on in the ruins of our illusions of control?
Illusions of Control follows five stories of people who have lived through a major crisis that provoked them to create surprising new communities.
Photos by Eugene Arries
Seventeen-year-old Amber’s faith in her life in the Jehovah’s Witnesses is shaken when she develops an unlikely crush on latchkey kid, Joni. Amber must face a stark choice: lose everything she has ever known, or lose herself.
- 2018 Finalist, Top 10 Cinequest Feature Screenplay competition, USA
- 2018 Finalist Short-List, Sundance Screenwriters Lab, USA
- 2017 Short-List, TIFF-CBC Diverse Screenwriters Award, Canada
- 2017 Quarter-Finalist, Shore Scripts 2017 Feature Film competition, USA
- 2017 Selected Participant, WIDC Story & Leadership Lab, Canada
- 2017 Selected Mentee, WIFTV & Whistler Film Festival, Film Market Mentorship, Canada
- 2017 Selected Participant, Stowe Story Lab, Vermont, USA
- 2017 Nominated, Go Global Screenplay competition, Oaxaca Film Festival, Mexico
- 2017 Best Low-budget Screenplay, 15th Female Eye Film Festival, Toronto
- 2017 Participant, Script Development & Live Pitch, 15th Female Eye Film Festival, Toronto
- 2015 Finalist Short-List, Sundance Screenwriters Lab, 2015
— Unidentified Minor (@UMthefilm) June 26, 2017
— Female Eye Film Fest (@FemaleEye) June 21, 2017
Web-Series. “My best friend is dating an a-hole” is a dark romantic comedy about a woman who attempts to get her best friend out of a bad relationship through setting her up with a paid actor, scripted to be the perfect man.
Check out the accompanying blog Friendship-Not-Forever