Documentary Feature. Illusions of Control follows five stories of people in crisis who are creating new relationships with landscapes that have been disrupted by human activity in vastly different parts of the world.
Photos by Eugene Arries
Seventeen-year-old Amber’s faith in her life in the Jehovah’s Witnesses is shaken when she develops an unlikely crush on latchkey kid, Joni. Amber must face a stark choice: lose everything she has ever known, or lose herself.
- 2018 Finalist, Top 10 Cinequest Feature Screenplay competition, USA
- 2018 Finalist Short-List, Sundance Screenwriters Lab, USA
- 2017 Short-List, TIFF-CBC Diverse Screenwriters Award, Canada
- 2017 Quarter-Finalist, Shore Scripts 2017 Feature Film competition, USA
- 2017 Selected Participant, WIDC Story & Leadership Lab, Canada
- 2017 Selected Mentee, WIFTV & Whistler Film Festival, Film Market Mentorship, Canada
- 2017 Selected Participant, Stowe Story Lab, Vermont, USA
- 2017 Nominated, Go Global Screenplay competition, Oaxaca Film Festival, Mexico
- 2017 Best Low-budget Screenplay, 15th Female Eye Film Festival, Toronto
- 2017 Participant, Script Development & Live Pitch, 15th Female Eye Film Festival, Toronto
- 2015 Finalist Short-List, Sundance Screenwriters Lab, 2015
— Unidentified Minor (@UMthefilm) June 26, 2017
— Female Eye Film Fest (@FemaleEye) June 21, 2017
Web-Series. “My best friend is dating an a-hole” is a dark romantic comedy about a woman who attempts to get her best friend out of a bad relationship through setting her up with a paid actor, scripted to be the perfect man.
Check out the accompanying blog Friendship-Not-Forever